Some handy mongodb commands:
I'm using tech-dojo's MERN framework, read the docs on tech-dojo's page as there is more to it than just the generator, they have a starter in github:
git clone https://github.com/tech-dojo/mern
The starter app uses mocha/chai/sinon stack for testing, which I prefer over Jasmine/Karma. Once installed, verify the app is working by running gulp serve
Run the unit tests using gulp test. I had one user test fail, but everything else passed.
Choosing a generator/starter project is mainly governed by what you want to use in the project. There are several options out there for MERN type stacks, I chose tech-dojo's because it uses the testing stack I'm interested in, as well as using express and mongodb. Some other options that looked promising:
- mern-cli from http://mern.io for scaffolding and code generation
- Accelerate looks like it might be interesting , but appears to be more than just a generator, I may look at it in detail later.
- You could probably also get away with using parts of angular-fullstack generator, but that seems like wasting its potential. If you're going with MEAN stack it's definitely the way to go.
- Fountain-webapp also look like it could be good, it's using Karma for testing
- Last one I'll list, react-fullstack look very popular, but hasn't been updated in a year.
I also noticed a number of deprecated packages during the npm install, I will investigate updating all of these after I get the base scaffolding done.
It looks like the yomern yeoman generator is for creating components of functionality, which seems like it would be quite useful to eliminate boilerplate